Sunday, December 5

Worship is one of the sweetest things on this earth in my opinion.  Music has always been highly personal to me, and so sharing it with my redeemer and savior is precious.  I'm grateful for the fact that there are so many ways in which we can praise God and just communicate with Him.  It can be through singing, dancing, writing, or serving just to name a few.  I'm most thankful for worship through music.  There's something about being lost in the music and in the words that stirs my soul.
At church this morning, we sang two songs I had never heard, and it was nice just to sit and listen to the words, and echo them in my heart towards God.
I'm thankful for how accessible music is in this day and age.  I can engage in worship with God in my car driving to school or while walking through the park.  Worship isn't something that needs to be nor should it be contained in a building where people meet every week.  It should be taken with us wherever we go.  Worship is a type of prayer.  In 1 Thessalonians 5 we are exhorted to pray without ceasing.  For those of you who haven't tried to pray without ceasing for a day, I'll tell you that it is extremely difficult.  I'm glad that singing and worshiping is one way that I can try and be in constant communication with the Father. 

No comments: