Wednesday, September 26

Moving Forward

Tonight my momma and I got to pray together about some extended family issues.  It's so good to be reminded through prayer of the strength of the Lord.  He can accomplish anything.

I've been struggling with anger towards my sister.  The past year has actually been very hard.  She's made decisions that I don't agree with, and that I feel have disrespected our family and everything we stand for.  But I'm reminded that her choices are her own.  The only thing I can do is love her.

Momma and I have been watching One Tree Hill, and this quote is from season 9.
 "Love means giving chances when there are no more chances left to give."
When I heard that I realized that at the end of the day, we will always be sisters.  I can waste time being upset at the choices she's made, be mad at how she's treated me, but in the end it doesn't matter.  All that matters is that I love her for who she is and pray that she finds the Lord.  We always said that we wouldn't be like our parent's siblings.  They hate each other and fight all the time, and it's painful.  I refuse to get to that point.  I don't know what my relationship with my sister is supposed to look like, but I know that I'm supposed to love her and pray for her.  The rest I leave for the Lord.


No comments: