Sunday, April 18

God's Power: In Light of our Weaknesses

1 Corinthians 15:58
      Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Phillipians 3:12-14
       Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.  Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  

Psalm 143
Hear my prayer, O Lord,
Give ear to my supplications!
In Your faithfulness answer me,
And in Your righteousness.
Do not enter into judgment with
     Your servant,
For in Your sight no one living is
      righteous.

For the enemy has persecuted my 
      soul;
He has crushed my life to the
      ground;
He has made me dwell in darkness,
Like those who have long been
     dead.

Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed
    within me;
My heart within me is distressed.

I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your works;
I muse on the work of Your
      hands.
I spread out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You like a thirsty land.

Answer me speedily, O Lord;
My spirit fails!
Do not hide Your face from me,
Lest I be like those who go down
        into the pit.
Cause me to know the way in which
        I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.

Deliver me, O Lord, from my
         enemies;
In You I take shelter.
Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Revive me, O Lord, for Your name's 
        sake!
For Your righteousness' sake bring
      my soul out of trouble.
In Your mercy cut off my
       enemies,
And destroy all those who afflict my 
       soul;
For I am Your servant.  


Hello everyone :)
My goal in this blog is to be a tool used by the Creator.  When I first started, I asked God to use me in whatever way He saw fit.  I knew that it didn't matter if I ever had any followers, or if anyone ever talked to me about it.  I just knew that this was what I am supposed to be doing.  I am sharing my story and praying that while I'm doing my part, God would be working miracles in the lives of my readers.  

Last night, and well a lot lately, I've been really questioning a lot of things about my life at present.  Mostly, "How do I know that I'm doing is what I am supposed to be doing? and "What if I fail?"  I even wrote a blog last night, but decided not to publish it for a few reasons.  I was upset because I didn't have immediate answers to my life.  But that's just selfishness on my part.  I also didn't publish it, because when I re-read it, I felt like I was complaining.
Asking questions and praying is a very big part of having a relationship with Jesus Christ, but I knew in my heart that my questioning was just my flesh enjoying running away from the truth found in Scripture.  The Bible is the one tangible thing we have on this earth that is absolute truth.  The Spirit is also truth, but it doesn't always work through us in a tangible way.

Through my weaknesses, God is able to work the most.  Today, I found out about a friend who is starting a blog similar to mine, after reading this blog! (And I don't mind at all, H!)  I usually want to be able to see the fruit of my labor.  But God doesn't work that way.  I have to put my trust in Him that it is His will I am in college.  I have to trust Him that even when things get tough, He'll never leave me.  If I don't trust Him 100% with all of my life, I will crumple to the ground, become dust, and blow away.  I'm absolutely sure.  And so, I will continue to chase after my God.  I will continue to dig into the Holy, God breathed, Word!  Today, I've been writing out verses onto notecards that have been waiting in a stack, and I am amazed at how God, again no surprise, knows exactly what I need when I am weak.  

I'd like to share a little more scripture with you, and then I'll sign-off for now.  Know that God cares about y-o-u deeply.  You are the world to Him.  He created this world, just for you.  
Jesus loves you and so do I.  If you don't mind a challenge, here's one for this week.  Commit to reading your Bible for 5 days in a row.  It doesn't matter what you read.  Just get into the Word of God.  Journal after you read, and be amazed by the things God will show you.  

Have a great week, and I'll talk to you soon!

1 Peter 2:21
For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is in the Lord.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the
waters,
Which spreads it's roots out by the river, and will not fear when heat comes;
but it's leaf will be green,And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.  

Romans 8:35-38
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?  As it is written,
"For your sake we are killed all day
long;
We are accounted as sheep for the
slaughter."
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There have been so many times I have written, or started to write, a blog post and then decided not to publish it...and for the same reasons. I often want to tell the world what's going on in my life before going to those around me....let alone God. Sounds stupid, and I don't really understand it. Anyway, sometimes when I'm too stubborn to sit down and have some QT with the Lord or journal, I decide to write a blog post. When that happens, what I write ends up being my prayer to God and after I've gotten it out I don't feel bad about not posting it...because I know that wasn't the purpose for me writing.

Awesome verses, especially the last two :)

Kaitlynn Marie said...

(: Isn't is silly sometimes the length we'll go to in order to almost ignore God or try and push Him to the side? I'm glad that we're where we are, and sorting these things out and growing!