Tuesday, April 20

I Put My Trust in the Lord

How willing are you to let God have control of your life?
50%?

75%?

90%?

99.999999999995%

or

100%?

Giving God control over all of my life is a daily struggle.  I will push forward though, and run this race that God has made me for.  I have come to the conclusion (that I should have seen years ago) that the calling of my life may not be that of a traditional college student.  I find it hard to dedicate so much time to things that don't line up with my goals in life.  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again.  I have no desire to enter the workforce.  I don't feel inferior though for feeling that way.  I know that the things of this world will pass away, and I also know that my trust is in the Lord.

Today I make a declaration of service to the Lord.  I want to know Him more.  I want to feel His heartbeat and seek His will for my life each and every day.  I'm not sure how this will change my life.  I know that God has me right here for a reason.  For that I praise His name.  Only the One, True, Living God could have orchestrated such an amazing thing as my friends.  I am truly blessed by all of you!  Your comments, words of encouragement, and overwhelming support drive me to continue on this path I have begun.

I am giving God my everything today.  I would appreciate your prayers as I seek His face and also His will for my life.  Two Psalms today, and then I'ma signing off. :)

Don't ever forget that Jesus loves you and so do I!  (:

Psalm 25:5
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation,
On You I wait all the day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I have desired of the Lord,
that will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord,
and to inquire in His temple. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out, I'm in a commenting mood. Probably has to do with my lack of Facebook for the past 6 days....
Here's part of a song we sang at 2fortyhwo tonight (my college group) that made me think of this post while we were singing:

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, you're all this heart is living for

What an awesome desire of your heart to devote yourself completely to God and His will for your life :)

Kaitlynn Marie said...

You have my permission to comment as MUCH as you'd like :) :) hehe.
I think there's so much more living to be done if we could all just devote ourselves to nothing but His service. Unfortunately, I think society has made it nearly impossible to do that.
I'm going to go look up that song! :)