Wednesday, April 14

Who Am I?

Well, to start off I'm a young woman and a child of God.
I'm a sister.
I am a friend.
I'm a daughter.
I am a Christian.
I love to read.
I have the three best friends in the world.
Most importantly, I love Jesus.

Loving Jesus is my defining quality.  It is the core of who I am, and it is the person who I strive to be every day.  Nothing else about me truly matters.  I simply love Jesus.

 I'm continuing to share my story on this blog, and today may be a little awkward, but bear with me a little if you wouldn't mind.

Dating in our society is a social experience.  It's something that most people just do for fun or because that's what they've been told they should do.  People are often surprised to find out that I have never dated or had a boyfriend.  The reason why, you may be asking, is because I know that God has an amazing man out there for me.  Why would I waste my time in a relationship that I can tell won't work from the beginning?

In 2 Corinthians 6:14, Paul writes to the Corinthians,
"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.  For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness?  And what communion has light with darkness?  And what accord has Christ with Belial?  Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?  And what agreement has the temple of God with idols?  For you are the temple of the living God.."

Paul was speaking to the Corinthians because they had begun to, "develop a dangerous affection for the false apostles" as my Bible's footnotes say.  He was warning them that keeping close association with unbelievers can be harmful to your own behavior and walk with Christ.

I strongly believe that believers of the Lord Jesus Christ are to be yoked equally.  That is to say that a believer should marry a believer.

(Don't get me wrong here.  Being friends with unbelievers and spending time with people who don't have Jesus in their heart is not a bad thing.  But be cautious in how they influence you.  Do they know that you're a Christian?  It should be your goal every day to share Jesus with all of those people around you.  Sharing is an extremely hard job.  In fact, it's probably the hardest thing you'll ever have to do.  But would you rather face rejection from one person today or from the Creator of the Universe tomorrow?  Sharing Jesus is something most people struggle with.  I do.  I have an extremely hard time of it.  All that is required of you is that you share your story.  Share how God has worked in your life to make you a better person... continuing on. smile.)

I have one condition that I am looking for in a future spouse.  That condition is that he loves God more than he loves me, and that he is truly seeking to live his life in accordance with God's will.  From where I come from, that is an extremely tall order.  But I truly believe that God has a plan for my life, and that if it's His will for me to marry,  that He will provide the right kind of husband for me.  Of course I'm also looking for the more obvious things in a husband.  Faithfulness, kindness, gentleness,  great father material, and so on.  But here's what I have to say about that.  If this man is truly seeking God's heart, nothing else should be an issue.  Obviously there is no such thing as a 'perfect' man, but I hope you get the picture.

I am absolutely content with being single until God throws my husband into the mix of things I call life.  I will wait upon the Lord for His perfect timing.  That doesn't mean that I'm not preparing myself.  My mother has been praying for my future husband since the day I was born, and I've been praying for him since middle school.  He could be halfway across the world, or he could be here, in this college town right now.  Wherever he is, I pray that God keeps him safe, and close to His own heart.  I pray that he keeps himself whole for our marriage and that he continues to seek the Lord in everything he does.

I am setting my standards high because I know that that's where God wants them to be.
So, who am I?
I am a child of God and I love Jesus.  I am a woman who is waiting on the Lord and who can't wait for the next chapter of her life to begin.  


Jesus loves you and so do I (:

No comments: