Wednesday, May 26

Prayer

It's almost 3:00 am, and for some reason I can't sleep.  For some reason, I think God has kept me up to pray.  I want to encourage you that prayer truly does make a difference.  The power of prayer, and faith that God hears our prayers and answers our prayers (even if we don't like the answer), is tremendous.  I've seen it time and again.  The question is though, "Why don't we immediately go to God when things go wrong or we don't know what to do?" It's easy to fall out of the habit of praying, and even easier to just worry instead or continue to go about our day.  Prayer is simply communication with the Father.  There are no prerequisites for prayer.  You don't have to have a degree in Biblical Studies and you don't need to have read the Bible all the way through seven times. 
I keep a prayer journal.  For some reason, writing out my prayers seems to help keep me focused.  I'm guilty of a wandering mind when I'm praying.  Putting pen to paper helps, and I encourage you to do the same if you struggle with even knowing what to pray for!  I usually am lead more easily by the Holy Spirit when I'm writing, and sometimes I'll fill four pages in my journal in one sitting. 
No matter is too small if you bring it to the Lord.  Thank Him, praise Him, ask for wisdom, but most importantly just spend time with Him.

I hope you are all asleep!  Have a great week.  Jesus loves you! :)

No comments: