Wednesday, December 1

Hello Again

It's been a long time since I posted anything.  Right now I'm in the middle of "Dead Week" as they call it in college.  This term is almost over, and Christmas break is almost here!  I can't believe that I've been back in Corvallis for almost 10 weeks!   It just seems crazy.  My time has been spent studying, reading, hanging out with friends, and of course: marching band.  :)  This term has been very different for me.  First of all I switched my major from music (with a vocal performance option) to general agriculture during week 3 or something like that.  Secondly I'm only taking something like 14 credits this term, which has been VERY nice.
I'm still at that point where I have no idea what God wants me to be doing.  Well, in reference to the future.  Right now, I'm just living and trying to work on my relationship with the Father.  This term has been full of exactly what I've needed.  The only thing that I'm truly working on is just getting to know God.  In the end, the rest of the world and what they think of us doesn't matter.  Don't worry, I'm staying mostly caught up in school. :)

On a whole different not, it's DECEMBER!! Which is my Favorite month of the year!  :) I love Christmas.  Hot cocoa by the fire and a good book with family in the next room is one of my favorite things.  Don't get me all confused and backwards.  I love the Christmas season, but not the lavish gifts and fake parties and everything that the media turns Christmas into.  I do love snow, mittens, hot cocoa, family, the country, and simply free time.  This Christmas I want to try something.  I am going to post 25 things that I'm thankful for.  One thing for every day until Christmas.  I'm also going to be taking a leave from facebook, and to make sure that it's official, only my roommate will have the password.  I want this Christmas to be different.   I want to spend time really seeking God's face and slowing down my world.  Today is December 1st, and so here is the first thing I'm thankful for. :)

Numero Uno
I am thankful that God loves me infinitely the same Every. Single. Day.  No matter what I do or what I don't do, He loves me!  His love can't be considered in any league like we think of on Earth.  He's the ultimate lover and that brings me comfort.

24 days until Christmas.  What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Doanz said...

I am thankful for the fact that Jesus chose me! That alone is a miracle. ;) Thanks for the great post! Starting my list of things I'm thankful for tonight. <3