Wednesday, December 8

Home

I've always wanted to be a cowgirl.  I grew up in the country, but my dad's a cop and we never did the ranching thing.  Maybe it's better that way. 
I love small towns.
I love being able to walk for an hour and not see another human being. 
I love the way that you know every person at the grocery store (and that you know who's there by just scanning the parking lot).
I love the fact that the 300 kids in my high school my senior year was the same number in my best friend's graduating class.
I love the way the air feels in the country.  Fresh.
I'm thankful for growing up in a small community.  I cannot imagine growing up in a place with more than 3,000 people.  Traffic lights and fast food galore and just the busyness wears me out.  I know some people love it though, so I'll leave it to you. :)

2 comments:

Doanz said...

I would have rather grown up in Lakeview! Jazz and I have a theme song "Should of Been a Cowboy" by Toby Keith! :) We miss living in the country, but thank God for the "city folks" He has put in our lives. A trade off, but worth it for now!

Kaitlynn Marie said...

I love that song!! I hope that you guys get your country life someday! :) I love seeing the pictures of your horses! :)