Saturday, December 18

New Snow

:)

I love the snow. 

There's something about fresh snow falling at night that makes me pay attention to the quietness around me.  When you come across a fresh patch, left untouched by human, dog, deer, or snow plow, it's wonderful to see how you can shape it into something else. 

It's a winter wonderland outside my front door right!

I'm glad that God took the time to create snow.  I'm doubly thankful for warmth.  Mittens, scarves, heaters, blankets, houses, and socks (just to name a few) keep us warm during our fun in the snow.  I personally have a vendetta against the cold.  Once I'm cold, it takes a very long time for me to get warm again.  For that reason, I especially value warmth and heat.  It makes playing in the snow worth the while. 

When it snows, its almost as if everything is perfect for a while.  While everything is covered in white, laughter reaches people's faces quicker and a twinkle seems to brighten everyone's eye.....that is until the sky has not ceased, and in the middle of the night dropped two more feet. 

In my hometown, school isn't canceled unless the buses can't get out, or there are power lines down....needless to say, I didn't see more than maybe a dozen school days in my elementary through my high school years; living in a town that sees snow generally in October through at least March.

But I won't complain. :)  I genuinely enjoy getting to take part in this wonderfully unique creation. 

Good night, and be safe if there's snow out there for you!

No comments: