Saturday, December 11

Nothings ever slow around here...

Sorry I missed a day!  I've kinda been under the weather though, in fact I may come back and delete this post seeing as I've been taking pain medicine and such for over 24 hours.  The good news is I now have no wisdom teeth!  The procedure went well as far as I know, and although I'm in pain, I'll be right as rain in a few days.
Thank you for all of you who were praying for me.  I think the only complication was that it took them awhile to find a vein to insert the IV in.  After making me inhale this nitrogen-oxygen stuff (which definitely made me more loopy than the Vicodin is) they ended up giving me the IV in the top of my left hand.

Today I have two things to be thankful for, since I missed yesterday. :)

The first is my Momma!
I know I technically already said I was thankful for my family, butttttt I think this lady deserves her own category!  She truly is the ultimate mom.  She has the best bedside manner, and can always tell when I'm lying about needing more pain medicine... haha.  She's also the first person to recognize a migraine coming on.  She gives the best hugs, and knows when I just need someone to play with my hair and not talk.
My mother is an amazing woman of God, and understands the deepest struggles that I go through.  She's been my best friend for years, and she's always there to pick up the pieces when I fall apart.  I love her so so much, and realize that this is another person I need to remind every day of how much I do really love!

The second thing I am thankful for is a free will.
I've been thinking about this a lot over the past few years, and at different points have come to different conclusions.  Sometimes I wish that I didn't have a free will, and that God would just make all of the correct decisions for me.. But I realize how big of a coward that makes me, wishing that.  I'm truly thankful for having my own free will because it means that there is at least one thing that I have done in my life that was right.  And that was choosing Jesus.  If I hadn't of chosen Jesus in 1st grade, would I be the person I am today?  I don't know.  But I thank God every day for sending the hounds of Heaven after me, and for not giving up on me even once.

I think tomorrow my sister is going to force my brother and her boyfriend to help us put up Christmas decorations.  Hopefully I'll be aware enough to take some pictures and post them.  Thanks for reading and being an encouragement to me!

Merry Christmas!  Always remember that Jesus loves you. :)

No comments: