Friday, December 3

Tres

Today is day 3 of my challenge!  I'm going to do something a little different and explain three things I'm thankful for.  The one thing they have in common is that they are all my best friends on this planet.  I'll start off with my high school kindred spirit, Kari

I have SO many reasons to be thankful for this amazing woman of God!!!  She knows me like no other human being does.  We don't need words to speak ofttimes, and it brings me joy that we just understand each other.  Kari has been there through the thick and the thin by my side.  She's listened to my crazy ideas and thoughts and plans, and she gently steers me back on course when I'm drifting from shore.  Thank you, Kari!  This Christmas I have no words to say how much I appreciate your presence in my life!!

Next is my roommate, Mar.
I have a million days worth of thank yous to spend on my knees to my heavenly father for this woman!  It still amazes me that the day after I prayed for a friend in college, God brought us together! :)  Mar is the girl that I can be absolutely silly with at any time!  She's also the one that isn't afraid to speak the truth to me, and I am thankful for being convicted!  She makes me a better person. 
It's amazing to me how alike we are while being different in so many ways.  Mar, today I praise the God that brought us together for our wonderful friendship!  Thank you for being the person that I can talk to whenever and wherever!

Last but certainly not least is Toothless
By now, you may have guessed that I'm using code names for my dearest friends.  If you haven't seen How to Train Your Dragon, then this name probably doesn't make sense to you.  T is the girl that I spent every single day with for a term and a half.  We never went through the stage of becoming friends.  We just were.  We met in marching band last September, but we didn't even talk until the first day of basketball band in January.  Our friend Ty might be regretting the fact that he told us to sit by each other that day.  :)  T and I have a bond that I have seldom found in people.  We are closer than sisters, and T is the one that I pick up the phone in the middle of the night to call.  Thank you, T for being there and reaching out when I'm in need the most!


There are SO MANY more things that I am thankful for in these amazing women, but I feel like words would never do them justice.  We all share one trait:  and that is our belief that Jesus Christ died to save our sins.   For that shared trait I am more thankful for than anything else.  :)
    

No comments: