Saturday, April 3

True Love.

I'm doing it again......running.

This past week especially for some reason.  Sometimes I think I can make it on my own.  Meanwhile I'm sure God is getting a good laugh at my frantic running about from up above.  chuckle.  Man oh man.  The good news is, I've turned around and run straight back into His arms.  I know that to make it through this week, this term, and even this year God is going to have to carry me.. the whole way.  I don't have the strength, or the courage, or even the willpower on my own.  This weekend we are celebrating I believe the most important event in history.  As Phil Wickham puts it, "The day that true love died" in his song True Love from his album Cannons.  This song has had an immense impact on my life since last fall, and I'd like to share the rest of the lyrics with you:

Come close listen to the story
about a love more faithful than the morning
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt the Father's broken heart
tears were filling Heaven's eyes
The day that true love died, the day that true love died
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that true love died, The day that true love died

Search your heart you know you can't deny it
C'mon Lose your life just so you can find it
The Father gave his only Son just to save us

Now Jesus is alive, Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive, Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive, Oh He is Alive
Come close, listen to the story.

I love the part where it says, "When blood and water hit the ground, walls we couldn't move came crashing down."  That is such a powerful statement, and is absolutely true.  Without Jesus' innocent sacrifice at Golgotha, there would be no such thing as grace.  We would still need to live by the Old Law.  Rejoice that when God sent His only Son into the world, He knew what He was doing!  

Try to imagine living at that time, being there that day.  Feel the confusion and horror of those who had come to accept their Messiah, and the frustration and blood-thirst of those who wanted His death.  As an innocent bystander who would you have believed?  Jesus?  This man who would not speak for himself or defend himself, but who instead suffered torture?  Or would you believe the Pharisees and the Sadducees?  The leaders of the church and Jewish culture.  I hope that I would have believed Jesus.   I have a feeling that most would have.  

My Bible has a section on Crucifixion.  It talks about how crucifixion was the most degrading form of punishment in the Roman Empire, and that it was considered so horrible that is was only used by the Romans for their slaves, those from the provinces under their control, and the lowest types of criminals.  
Because sin entered the world, we needed a Saviour.  One who would be the blameless lamb in our place.  

In C.S. Lewis' book Perelandra, Ransom (the main character) makes an interesting observation, "He [Jesus] died not for men but for each man."  Jesus died on the cross for an extremely personal reason:  For you.  For me.  This 'rest of the story' you don't want to ignore.  He died, yes.  But then, he rose again.  He appeared to the 11 disciples and possibly more then five hundred more people as mentioned by Paul in 1 Cor. 15:6.    He was confirmed dead at the scene of His crucifixion and confirmed alive three days later by some of the very men who God chose to bring us the New Testament.  

(:  You have one choice.  Believe it or not.  Take it or leave it.  I find the evidence to be nearly overwhelming.  I have found a peace that goes down so deep inside of me, that I know it can only be the Holy Spirit.  I trust Christ.  I still mess up every day.  But that is why True Love (Phil Wickham reference again that I'll probably continue to use in the future.  I find it highly appropriate.)  died.  He died to save me every day.  I cannot and will not ever be perfect.  I have to give up the fight in trying to be.  I must give my weaknesses over to Jesus and let grace free me.  Every. Single. Day.   
Jesus says to Peter in John 14:6 - 
         " I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."

I accept Jesus Christ as the Reigning Lord and Savior of my life.  For those of you who may be 'outside looking in', know that a personal relationship with Christ is not bondage.  It is absolute freedom.  If you see the need for Jesus in your life, all you have to do is run into His arms.  If you understand that you are a sinful being who needs to be forgiven, simply ask and it will be given to you.  

Hebrews 11:1- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:3 - By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.  
Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.   

I pray that you have a happy Easter and that you reflect on the amazing sacrifice made for you.  Is there anything that you could sacrifice for your Saviour today?  Just a thought.  Love you all, God bless, and goodnight!

~Your sister in Christ

No comments: