Saturday, November 26

To God Be The Glory

Hopefully I don't fall asleep before I finish this post!  I pitched hay covered in mud and alpaca poop for 7 hours today....lets just say that my body is one huge blister, my shoulders might just pop out of their sockets, and my head is pounding.  But all is well.  My heart is at rest, and a hard day's work is something to be proud of!

I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time in my life this year!  It all went well and without a hitch!  God continues to bless me with this apartment and every single one of our 5 couches! 

My parents and little brother drove up on Wednesday.  Dad is the cook in our family (seriously, he is a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood cook.  not. even. over-exaggerating.)  so he brought most of the food.  I supplied cranberry sauce :)  My poor kitchen is still feeling the effects of his-er-organic?-way-of-approaching-cooking = a huge mess.  But you can't argue with facts that the food tastes delicious.

Sometimes my family is hard to spend a lot of time with, but again I was blessed with sweet time with my parents this week.  My aunt came over for Thanksgiving, as well as her 4 children....(well 2 adults, 2 children...technically, but we consider them all children..haha..yeahh)  All in all there were 12 of us in my little 900 sq ft apartment.  But with 5 couches and 2 awesome swively chairs, plus a huge coffee table, it all worked out. 

Thursday my aunt asked us if we'd like to go black friday shopping??? My dad and I said, "Sure, why not?!"  Oh. my. goodness.  It was crazy, fun, cold, and we did find some amazing deals.  We were up too late, (went to bed at 1:30 after hitting Walmart, Target, Old Navy, and Kohls), then got up way too early (to go to BiMart, KMart, Big 5, and Joannes), but it was fun.  We're not really serious shoppers, but we did get some crazy stuff, and had a good time doing it.  We may have made it out of Target with everything on our list before everyone had even made it inside (15 minutes, people.. I don't know how we did that.), and we may have cut in front of 500 people at Kohls (except it wasn't cutting, b/c those 500 people weren't standing in line.  Word of advise...the ladies at the jewelry counter were never told they could only check out people with jewelry... hehehe.)  So yeah, it was a good week, a long week, but yeah. 

Just thought I'd post an update. 

Unfortunately my family didn't see the need to stop and really ponder the meaning of giving thanks, or to give the glory to God.  It's hard being a light to people you know so well, to people who think they're living the Christian life...but really, they're not.  Lord willing, next year will look different.  But for the here and now I won't regret what didn't happen.  I will still thank the Lord and give Him the glory.  If only for the fact that no one ran out of the house screaming at each other.  Yes, I am at peace.  And I am thankful for that.

How was your Thanksgiving?  Was there something that made this year stick out from memories past?  

Thank you for reading.
Have a blessed day,
Kaitlynn Marie

No comments: